Computer management:You can access Computer Management screen through:
1. Start -> Run -> compmgmt.msc
2. Start -> Control Panel-> System and security -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management.
Computer Management -> Shared Folders can be used to view some very useful information like
1. Shares information: Here you can see all of the shares that have been configured on the computer.
2. Session Information: Allows you to see username, computer name etc that has connected to a share currently
3. Open Files : Allow you to see currently opened files
MSTSC: Connect and login to a remote machine using the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) also known as Terminal Server Connection (TSC).
example : mstsc /f - Starts in full screen mode.
Disk Management: Disk Management is used to manage the drives installed in a computer - like hard disk drives (internal and external), optical disk drives, and flash drives. It can be used to partition drives, format drives, assign drive letters, and much more. To enter disk management, click on the Start button and then choose Control Panel
1. Click on the System and Security link.
2. In the System and Security window, click on the Administrative Tools.
3. In the Administrative Tools window, double-click on the Computer Management icon.
4. When Computer Management opens, click on Disk Management on the left side of the window, located under Storage.
5. If you don't see Disk Management listed, you may need to click on ">" (expand icon) displayed to the left of "Storage"
6. For secondary hard disk we need to partition the drive, format and initialize the drive.
Disk Defragmenter: Disk Defragmenter in Windows rearranges fragmented data so your disks and drives can work more efficiently. When defragmenting a disk partition, Windows rearranges the files stored on the disk so that they occupy contiguous storage locations.