51. Deleted (Obsolete)
52. Building a baseline of performance data is an important part of any Server management function. The baseline shows records the performance under certain normal load conditions. The data can be used as a yardstick for measuring the impact of configuration changes or for capacity planning.
53. NIC (Network Interface Cards) load balancing is a technology in which multiple NICs are configured to form a single virtual connection to the external switch. Two or more NICs are grouped together forming one virtual connection. The entire group will have only one IP address. But all the NICs will have individual MAC addresses. There can be more than one group in a Server.
54. Storage tapes:
55. In Windows NT server, event viewer can be used for analyzing what has gone wrong with the service.
56. Server installation check list:
57. The following bus types are external to the server:
Note that Serial and parallel ports are very slow and not often used for reading or writing to mass storage devices.
58. An SBS (Stand By power Supply) is usually an off-line power supply. It senses the mains power and supplies power to the gear only when the mains power is lost.
On the other hand, a UPS is an on-line power supply. It draws the power from the mains and supplies conditioned power to the server. The power, usually, always flows from the UPS to the server. In the even of mains power failure, UPS continues to supply power to the server through its battery for a limited time.
59. Linux is a freely available operating system software. Linux is used widely on Internet. With the help of other freely available Web servers like Apache, it can used to host Web sites accessible on the Internet.
60. NDS is associated with Novell. It stands for NetWare Directory Services (NDS).