Various Types of controls:
1. Preventive control: It prevents any security breach from occurring. Aimed at preventing an incident from occurring.
2. Detective controls: Detective controls attempt to detect any break-in that has already happened. Aimed at detecting incidents after they have occurred.
3. Corrective controls: Corrective controls attempt to reverse the impact of an incident or problem after it has occurred. Aimed at reversing the impact of an incident.
4. Deterrent controls attempt to prevent incidents by discouraging threats. Aimed at discouraging individuals from causing an incident.
5. Compensating controls: These are alternative controls used when a primary control is not feasible. are when it isn't possible to use the primary control or to enhance a primary control.